How to Deal with Rejection in Your Network Marketing Business
Today, I want to talk to you about how to deal with rejection in your network marketing business.
Rejection is a normal part of sales, entrepreneurship and network marketing. No matter what you are offering people, not everyone is going to say YES. In most cases, you will hear the word NO much more often than you hear the word YES.
If you don’t know how to deal with rejection, it can wipe you out of the business in no time flat. That is why there is such a HUGE turnover in the network marketing industry every year.
Listed below, you will find some basic tips to help you deal with rejection better. I hope you find the information helpful.
• Accept it. Let’s be honest for a minute. No one enjoys hearing the word NO. You must come to grips with yourself that you are going to get rejected daily. The sooner you can accept it the better.
• Don't take it personal. Don’t take rejection personally. Realize the other person is saying NO to what you are offering them, not NO to YOU personally. Be detached emotionally from what the other person says or does.
• Celebrate your NOs. Each week, set a goal for how many times you want to hear the word NO. Once you hit that milestone, do something special for yourself, such as take your family out to dinner, or buy yourself something neat.
• Calculate how much a NO is worth to you in your business. For example, if you hear 20 NOs on average before you get a yes, and a YES is worth $100, then each NO is worth $5. From that point forward, every time someone tells you NO, say “thanks for the five bucks.”
• Track your progress. In selling, there will be a success formula. That formula is X number of contacts equals Y number of presentations equals Z number of new customers and distributors. Keep track of your own formula every week and watch your numbers improve.
• Go for NO! This is the title of one of my favorite sales training books of all time. It’s titled “Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There! Read this book and apply what you learn.
• Have an accountability partner. Stay accountable with someone in your upline success team who is ACTIVELY building a business. That way, you can encourage each other and share your results with each other.
• Work on your skills. This is one of my best tips about how to deal with rejection in your network marketing business. Study sales, influence, communication, leadership and persuasion. Become a student of your profession and learn everything you can about selling, so you get BETTER at what you do.
There you have it folks. These are some basic tips about how to deal with rejection in your network marketing business. What are your thoughts? How do you deal with rejection? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
About the Author