10 Simple Things You Can Do to Grow Your Business Today
Today, I want to share 10 simple things you can do to grow your business. These tips are for any entrepreneur in any niche or industry. The tips are listed in no particular order.
1. Form a Relationship or Alliance with Another Entrepreneur. Seek out someone in a non-competing niche and form a friendship with them. Come up with ways that you can both help each other succeed. Some people would call this a joint venture or strategic alliance.
2. Do a $10 Experiment with Facebook Pay Per Click. Take $10 and run a test ad with Facebook Advertising to get more fans, to get people talking about you, and to send people to your website.
3. Look at your Business from the Outside In, Not Just the Inside Out. Take two hours this afternoon and look at your business from the outside in. Step away and think of some ways you can grow your business. Work on your vision statement. Set some long-term goals for your business. Talk with a friend or customer and find some ways you can improve your business.
4. Form Your Own Mastermind Group. Team up with three to five people in non-competing businesses and share ideas with each other. Agree to have a monthly call where you all help each other solve your problems and find new, creative ways to do things.
5. Hone Your Speaking and Communication Skills. Sign up for Toastmasters or take a class in public speaking. This one thing alone can have a huge impact in your business.
6. Hand Out 10 Business Cards. Make it a point to get out of your office today and hand out 10 business cards. Introduce yourself to others (preferably at a networking event) and hand out your business card. Make sure you collect other people’s business cards, too.
7. Visit three Websites in Your Related Field to Get Some New Ideas. Take two hours and visit some of your competitor’s websites and blogs. You can also look at some of the leading blogs outside of your niche. Write down what you like and dislike about each blog. Brainstorm ideas to write about. You can learn a lot by studying other people’s websites and blogs.
8. Do a Survey with Your Customers. Create a simple survey and send it to your best customers. Find out what they like or dislike about your product, service and business. Find ways to keep them happy and keep them doing business with you. You might just be surprised at what you learn.
9. Evaluate Your Expenses. Take two to three hours and evaluate all of your business expenses. Find out which ones you can eliminate, which ones you can reduce and which ones are producing the biggest return on investment.
10. Brainstorm New Product Ideas and Up-Sells. Take an hour or two and brainstorm new product ideas for your business. Come up with 5-10 additional products or services you could sell to your current customer base.
Just by doing any of these 10 simple ideas you can really take your business to the next level. Make it a point every week to spend an hour or two working on your business, not just in your business. Always look for ways to find more customers, increase profits and take your business to the next level.
About the Author
No comments yet